Leading university selects Quantel for speed, interactivity and quality [caption id="attachment_62522" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Quantel Pablo Rio "][/caption] Zhejiang University of Media and Communications, one of China's longest-established higher education institutions, has purchased a Quantel Pablo Rio color correction and finishing system for its School of Film and TV Arts. Pablo Rio will be used for the development of 4K and S3D television programs. Jointly funded by The State Administration of Radio Film and Television (SARFT) and The People's Government of Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang University of Media and Communications supports almost 10,000 full time students studying courses including film and TV post-production, special effects and non-linear editing. The university is located in the city of Hangzhou in Zhejiang Province, 112 miles southwest of Shanghai. Mr Li Jinglin, VP of Zhejiang University of Media and Communications, said, "We aim to provide our students with the best possible learning environment. We chose Pablo Rio because it not only offers an immense color correction and finishing toolset but also provides a fast and intuitive file-based workflow for 4K and beyond." Quantel Marketing Director, Steve Owen, said, "Zhejiang University of Media and Communications has an excellent reputation as a world-leading education center for the industry's future TV, film and broadcasting talent. We are thrilled that such a talented group of people will be using Pablo Rio as the centrepiece of their 4K and S3D television program production research."
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
China's Zhejiang University of Media and Communications invests in Pablo Rio for 4K and S3D2013-10-30 08:56:20
- SMPTE 2014 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition Marks Greatest Attendance in Past Decade
- Sakhi TV Uses Harmonic Video Infrastructure for Fast, Cost-Effective Launch of India's First Women-Centered Channel
- Filmworkers Supplies the Creative Spark for Elegant “Misfit” Campaign
- Forbidden Signs Reseller Deal With Italy's 09 Technology
- Encompass Digital Media Chooses DigitalGlue for Middleware Solution to Enhance Media Server
- Sonnet and Audinate Partner to Certify PCIe Sound Cards for Sonnet Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Expansion Systems
- DPA Microphones Hits the Road with Counting Cars
- Red TX Standardises HARMAN Studer Consoles in OB Vans for 96kHz Format
- Matrox Maevex Streams Full HD Camera Footage from Hong Kong International Airport to Off-Site Aviation Gallery
- All India Radio Takes New NETIA Radio-Assist Software Live at New Delhi Headquarters and 48 Stations Across India