Johannesburg-based Prosound adds HQView and FoveaHD ranges of image-processors to impressive brand roster Calibre UK has extended its global reach still further with the appointment of Prosound as its new distribution partner for sub-Saharan Africa. Based in South Africa, Prosound is a hugely experienced distributor and rental company with several decades of expertise in supplying professional sound and lighting equipment under its belt. With more and more of its customers also requiring hardware solutions for multi-screen shows and installations, the link with Calibre UK was a natural progression, according to Prosound’s Technical Director, Mark Malherbe: “Our reputation has been built on using only market-leading products in both our sales and hire departments, so when the opportunity arose to add Calibre to our roster, we jumped at the chance. “We supply a number of high-end production companies not just in South Africa but in East and West African countries as well. Whether they are putting on a small conference or a 10-screen, multi-input show, we believe we will have a Calibre UK image-processing solution that meets their needs, and which they can trust to be seamless and stable.” Pauline Brooksbank, Managing Director, Calibre UK, adds: “The market for high-quality image processing in sub-Saharan Africa is growing very fast, and we believe Prosound is perfectly positioned to offer our entire range to this market including the HQView and FoveaHD ranges. “The synergy between video production, sound and light is growing not just in the rental arena but in fixed installations as well, and we look forward to seeing more of our products being sold into all these sectors through the good auspices of the team at Prosound.” www.calibreuk.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calibre UK appoints new distributor for sub-Saharan Africa2013-04-26 03:59:14
- DJ Ravidrums Performs At Telemundo’s Third Annual Premios Tu Mundo Show With HARMAN’s AKG Microphones
- LET LOOSE THE LECTRO
- SALZBRENNER ANNOUNCES POLARIS EVOLUTION NETWORK AUDIO MIXING SYSTEM
- Hawthorne Direct Names Kurt Werderman as Media Strategist & Analyst
- New High End Color Correction House Apache Digital Uses DaVinci Resolve
- Tiger Aspect Uses Aframe to Achieve Efficient and Collaborative Production on BBC's "Peaky Blinders"
- SMPTE 2014 to Feature In-Depth Sessions on Networked Media, File-Based Workflow, the Cloud, and Asset Management
- AKA NYC Lends Expertise to Advertising Week’s Advertising Futures Competition
- Atomic Fiction Opens New Studio in Montreal
- Lightware USA Introduces UMX-TPS Family of Extension Systems for Resolutions Up to 4K and UHD