Billerica, Massachusetts – Broadcast Pix™ today announced it has hired industry veteran Steve Ellis as its president and CEO, effective Feb. 11. He will also be a member of the company’s Board of Directors. Broadcast Pix co-founder and CEO, Ken Swanton, will remain actively involved with the company and on the Board of Directors. “I’ve experienced what it takes to succeed in this industry – highly innovative products, happy customers, and strong sales and marketing,” said Ellis. “Broadcast Pix invented the professional integrated video production system and has thousands of happy customers all over the world. We will now increase our sales and marketing efforts, as well as build the partnerships necessary to bring this technology to even more video professionals.” Since 2008 Ellis has served as vice president of Telestream, where he significantly contributed to the company’s rapid growth, as vice president of sales and as vice president of emerging markets. He began his video career in the Air Force, Merrill Lynch and AT&T. In 1988, he became vice president and general manager of Editel Boston, a graphics house for broadcast and commercial film. In 1992, he co-founded SNNY, which sold video production equipment to high-end customers in the Northeast and was the top reseller for Pinnacle Systems. In 1999, he was hired by Pinnacle as its director of sales for the Americas, and was a key member of the team that directed the company’s rapid growth and eventual acquisition by Avid. He then joined Vizrt as vice president of sales for North American operations. “Broadcast Pix technology moves live production workflows into the future, with the highest level of end-to-end integration,” Ellis added. “We will dramatically extend this technology with some very significant announcements at NAB.” “Over the past decade, we’ve developed some great technology and built a very loyal and enthusiastic customer base,” said Swanton. “I am delighted to hand the baton to Steve, who is perfect for the next chapter of our growth. I am committed to helping him any way I can.” About Broadcast Pix The leader in live video production systems, Broadcast Pix was founded in 2002 and has customers in more than 110 countries. Its Video Control Centers™ combine an integrated switcher, clip server, CG, and device control software with patented control panels, unique touch-screens, and exceptional displays that enable operators to create with confidence. That confidence is further enhanced with rock-solid stability, patented technologies to maintain lip sync, and great technical support. Systems range from compact systems controlled by touch-screen or voice automation to sophisticated 2 M/E control panels. Customers include leading broadcast, corporate, education, religious, government, webcast, entertainment and mobile studios. Learn more at www.broadcastpix.com. Broadcast Pix is a trademarks of Broadcast Pix, Inc. Patented. Made in USA.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Broadcast Pix Welcomes Steve Ellis as New CEO2013-01-22 12:23:15
- Paradigm Video Productions Excels with Superior Audio Performance from Countryman Associates
- Advanced Broadcast Solutions – Asia Expands Regional HQ in Singapore; Adds to Sales Staff
- Thinkbox Software’s Deadline Now Available on Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- Pongo Names Ron Pomerantz Vice President, Content & Strategy:
- EASTWEST Extends 80% off Sale On Hollywood Orchestral Diamond Edition
- Sound Devices 664 Keeps Pace with Hectic Production Schedule of Critically Acclaimed Indie Film, Tangerine
- Bossa Scores Big at Cannes Lions Festival
- MILLER CAMERA SUPPORT EQUIPMENT SHOWCASES RANGE OF CINEMATOGRAPHIC AND BROADCAST MARKET SOLUTIONS AT SMPTE® 2015
- Automotive Data: Agreement between Allant and IHS Automotive helps reach consumers looking to buy new cars
- Shania Twain Sets Out to “Rock This Country” on Farewell Tour Featuring Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA Lighting Control