Billerica, Massachusetts – Broadcast Pix™ today announced it has hired industry veteran Steve Ellis as its president and CEO, effective Feb. 11. He will also be a member of the company’s Board of Directors. Broadcast Pix co-founder and CEO, Ken Swanton, will remain actively involved with the company and on the Board of Directors. “I’ve experienced what it takes to succeed in this industry – highly innovative products, happy customers, and strong sales and marketing,” said Ellis. “Broadcast Pix invented the professional integrated video production system and has thousands of happy customers all over the world. We will now increase our sales and marketing efforts, as well as build the partnerships necessary to bring this technology to even more video professionals.” Since 2008 Ellis has served as vice president of Telestream, where he significantly contributed to the company’s rapid growth, as vice president of sales and as vice president of emerging markets. He began his video career in the Air Force, Merrill Lynch and AT&T. In 1988, he became vice president and general manager of Editel Boston, a graphics house for broadcast and commercial film. In 1992, he co-founded SNNY, which sold video production equipment to high-end customers in the Northeast and was the top reseller for Pinnacle Systems. In 1999, he was hired by Pinnacle as its director of sales for the Americas, and was a key member of the team that directed the company’s rapid growth and eventual acquisition by Avid. He then joined Vizrt as vice president of sales for North American operations. “Broadcast Pix technology moves live production workflows into the future, with the highest level of end-to-end integration,” Ellis added. “We will dramatically extend this technology with some very significant announcements at NAB.” “Over the past decade, we’ve developed some great technology and built a very loyal and enthusiastic customer base,” said Swanton. “I am delighted to hand the baton to Steve, who is perfect for the next chapter of our growth. I am committed to helping him any way I can.” About Broadcast Pix The leader in live video production systems, Broadcast Pix was founded in 2002 and has customers in more than 110 countries. Its Video Control Centers™ combine an integrated switcher, clip server, CG, and device control software with patented control panels, unique touch-screens, and exceptional displays that enable operators to create with confidence. That confidence is further enhanced with rock-solid stability, patented technologies to maintain lip sync, and great technical support. Systems range from compact systems controlled by touch-screen or voice automation to sophisticated 2 M/E control panels. Customers include leading broadcast, corporate, education, religious, government, webcast, entertainment and mobile studios. Learn more at www.broadcastpix.com. Broadcast Pix is a trademarks of Broadcast Pix, Inc. Patented. Made in USA.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadcast Pix Welcomes Steve Ellis as New CEO2013-01-22 12:23:15
- FOR-A to Showcase Video Switching & Signal Processing Technology at NYC Rental & Staging Roadshow
- Imagine Dragons Uses Telestream Wirecast to Stream Live to Twitch Channel, Entertaining Fans with Music and Gameplay
- Bridging the Technology Gap: How to Support Unified Communications in an Audiovisual Environment
- TEAFM Starts Off Right with HARMAN’s Studer OnAir 1500 Console
- October Concert for Wes Montgomery International Jazz Guitar Contest Takes Shape while Prize Donations Continue to Grow
- Two Bands, One Microphone Brand Of Choice: Carlos Elizalde and AKG by HARMAN Are Unstoppable This Summer
- Glow Adds QuadraPop and ParaPop 38" Portable Softboxes to Light Modifier Line for More Flawless Hard Light Diffusion
- XL Video Creates a Smart Solution for ‘Pointless’ Scoring Tower
- WorldStage Hires Braden Gillum as Lead Draftsperson
- Cogswell Brings Original VP Mobile Game "We Are Cubed" to SIGGRAPH 2015's "Appy Hour"