Find out why Hendrix continues to enthrall generations of musicians MONTCLAIR, N.J. – Many books about Jimi Hendrix have concentrated on showmanship and rock ’n’ roll excess, but Keith Shadwick’s Jimi Hendrix: Musician (November 2012, Backbeat Books, $19.99) focuses on Hendrix’s musical legacy and explains why Hendrix continues to enthrall succeeding generations of musicians. Hendrix was a larger-than-life figure and that has sometimes obscured the role of his music in other books written about him. Jimi Hendrix: Musician puts the music center stage and celebrates the power and the glory of Hendrix’s short but intense career, when he was without rival in his power and his range. Shadwick explains the drama at the heart of his great work and shows how this one musician used everything going on around him to create something entirely new. Jimi Hendrix: Musician was first published in 2003; Shadwick died from cancer in 2008 at the age of 57. This new edition in a compact format, published as a tribute to Shadwick, features a new foreword by guitar historian and author Tony Bacon, who also added information about Hendrix recordings released since 2003 to the body of the text. Placing Hendrix’s work in the broadest possible musical context, encompassing rock, pop, soul, funk, jazz, blues, fusion, and a range of classical disciplines, Jimi Hendrix: Musician is the most detailed account anywhere of this legendary performer and his unforgettable music. About the author: Keith Shadwick’s books include Bill Evans: Everything Happens to Me and The Guinness Book of Classical Composers. He wrote about rock, jazz, blues and classical music for the Independent, The Daily Telegraph, and Jazzwise magazine. He was a presenter on BBC radio and Classic FM and a consultant for many music and media companies. A professional saxophonist in his youth, he continued to play for fun until his untimely death from mesothelioma in 2008. Jimi Hendrix: Musician November 2012 $19.99 Paperback ISBN 978-0-87930-960-2 352 pages, 6" x 8½", 16-page photo insert Backbeat Books is an imprint of Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group www.backbeatbooks.com| onstageandbackstage.wordpress.com
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Backbeat Books Publishes Jimi Hendrix: Musician2012-12-10 14:06:51
- Vitamin Pictures Produces Horrifying Results for Knott’s Scary Farm
- BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC PREMIERES TEN STUDIO WSDG-DESIGNED COMPLEX + 400 SEAT “CAFÉ” PERFORMANCE/RECORDING VENUE IN 160 MASS. AVE. TOWER
- Vienna ATP Open Produces Big Screen Entertainment With Blackmagic Design
- Tedial Brings Media Asset Management (MAM) Solutions to CCW+SATCON
- Artel Video Systems Welcomes Brad Buchholz as Vice President of Finance
- FSR Extends Line of Table Box Offerings With Introduction of T3-DV2S
- SIM Group Founder Rob Sim Presented with DGC's Honorary Life Membership Award
- Party to Win an iPad Air 2 - With PartySnapper Beta!
- Sportsnet Turns to Orad TD Control
- Adorama and Canon Present: Capturing the Action – See Canon’s Newest Camera, the 7D Mark II and Experience All the Action It Captures