Award-Winning DPs to Teach Inaugural Session in October LOS ANGELES - The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) announced today that it will be hosting a new series of Master Classes that will teach all aspects of the art and craft of cinematography. Each Master Class will be held over a five-day period and will convene four times a year. The first will run October 21 through October 25, 2013 and will be limited to 20 students. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis. The syllabus - along with tuition and registration information - may be viewed on the ASC Web site. "The ASC Master Class offers an unprecedented opportunity to get direct, hands-on instruction from the best cinematographers in the world," notes ASC President Richard Crudo. "Classes will be based at our historic Clubhouse in Hollywood, and will be augmented by field trips to nearby state-of-the-art facilities. No one else can give such access to the range of knowledge and experience that resides under our roof. It represents a truly comprehensive, one-of-a-kind experience." The ASC Master Class Program Advisor is Oscar(r)-nominee Stephen Burum, ASC. Different cinematographers will lead the classes each quarter. Among the participating faculty for the inaugural session will be the world's foremost shooter of car spots and other commercials, Bill Bennett. Additional instructors will include ASC greats Dion Beebe, Russell Carpenter, Dean Cundey, Caleb Deschanel, Richard Edlund, Robert Elswit, Matthew Libatique, Dean Semler, Dante Spinotti and John Toll. Each of whom has been Oscar(r) nominated on at least one occasion, while Beebe, Carpenter, Elswit, Edlund (three), Semler and Toll (two) are Oscar(r) winners. In addition, Deschanel, Semler and Spinotti are also ASC Lifetime Achievement Award recipients, and Edlund has received the ASC Presidents Award. (All participants subject to availability) At the conclusion of the week participants will receive a certificate of completion at a celebratory dinner with ASC members. ASC was founded in 1919. There are 350 active members today who have national roots in some 20 countries. There are also 150 associate members from ancillary segments of the industry. For additional information about the ASC, visit www.theasc.com, or join ASC on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/the.ASC and American Cinematographer magazine fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AmericanCinematographer. # # # Media Contacts: ignite strategic communications Lisa Muldowney - 760.212.4130 / email@example.com Sally Christgau - 415.238.2254/ firstname.lastname@example.org
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
American Society of Cinematographers Launches New Master Class Program2013-09-10 17:10:54
- European Debut for Facilis' New Shared Storage and Asset Tracking Products at IBC 2015; Spotlights Partnerships with Technology Leaders
- Providence Baptist Church Brightens Services with Hitachi CP-X8160 Projectors
- Crystal Vision’s unique solution to picture squeezing
- XL Video Brings a Glow to Red Rocks for Bassnectar
- Ohio’s Faith Family Church Selects FOR-A Video Switcher as Part of HD Transition
- Warner/Chappell Production Music Wins 2015 Promax/BDA Gold Award
- DiaQuest ProductionLink Supports New Adobe CC 2015
- Church On The Move Enhances Worship Message With Renewed Vision ProPresenter
- British Comedy Director Ben Whitehouse Launches U.S. Career via Accomplice Media
- "Telestream Wirecast Streaming Brings the Extreme Sailing Series to Any Screen Near You "