Grunge rockers Alice In Chains are in the midst of a five-week national tour, and Clay Paky Sharpy Washes are shedding light on 22 dates coast-to-coast as the band plays festivals, theaters and small clubs. The band began their spring tour in Miami and will finish in San Antonio, TX to generate buzz for their upcoming studio album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here due out May 28th - their first since 2009. Main Light provided 14 Sharpy Wash units to lighting designer and director Marty Postma. "They're part of the floor package for effects," says Randy Mullican at Main Light. "We compared the Sharpy Wash to 1000-watt units and found the Sharpy's intensity, size and feature set to be better. They're a beautiful light in the right size package. This was the first rental the Sharpy Washes went out on for us, and A.C.T has been fabulous; their service and support has been stellar." Lighting Designer Marty Postma notes that "the whole show goes into one truck - everything. The tour is a lean and mean promo run. So I needed something that could work in all of the venues and not take up truck space. I can put four Sharpy Washes in a case and stack the cases, which is a huge advantage." But it wasn't just size that mattered to him. "I needed smaller gear with a big presence," he emphasizes. Postma likes how the Sharpy Wash lights "respond quickly and are easy to set up. I can walk across the stage with one in each hand - and they don't take a lot of power." He also cites the fixtures' brightness and famous Clay Paky color mixing capabilities. According to Postma, the tour started with 10 Sharpy Washes and "the band liked them so much that we got four more. They're working great!" A.C.T Lighting is the exclusive North American distributor for Clay Paky. Francesco Romagnoli, Clay Paky Area Manager for North and Latin America, adds, "The Sharpy Wash units have taken this summer touring schedule by storm. We're glad that Marty and Randy are pleased with the lights and we look forward to supporting them throughout the tour."
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
Alice In Chains Locks Up Clay Paky Sharpy Washes for National Tour2013-05-20 07:28:58
- Miller Fluid Heads (Europe) Ltd. to Host Charitable Raffle Event at IBC 2014
- Director Eva Michon Joins Accomplice Media
- Harmonic Products at BIRTV
- Encore VFX Enhances Lavish Middle Eastern Locales for FX’s ‘Tyrant’
- Killer Tracks Adds Emerging Bands to Its “Artist Series”
- Sonnet Now Shipping Award-Winning New xMac Pro Server
- Alcorn McBride Equipment Provides Audio and Control for “Your Brain,” a New Exhibition in The Franklin Institute’s Nicholas and Athena Karabots Pavilion
- Sohonet Appoints Chuck Parker to Executive Chairman
- Arsenal FX Names Kira Karlstrom - Business Development Executive
- Wohler Products at SET EXPO 2014