New KUMO Line Delivers Cost-Effective LAN-Controllable 3G SDI Routers for Post, Broadcast and Mobile Production Environments AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, announced today the new KUMO line of compact SDI routers. AJAâ€™s KUMO 1604 and 1616 routers are small and cost-effective, while offering powerful features like SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI compatibility, as well as unique web-browser control over a LAN allowing easy integration into any post and production environment. KUMO routers will be available in two configurations: the KUMO 1604 supporting sixteen SDI inputs and four out, and the KUMO 1616 supporting 16 channels in and out. â€œAJA has historically built best-of-breed solutions that support the editing and conversion components of professional digital video workflows, as well as the acquisition phase with our new Ki Pro tapeless recorder. Today with the introduction of KUMO compact routers we are also venturing into signal routing to provide top quality, cost-effective solutions that address digital video pipelines from end-to-end,â€? said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. Despite their small 1RU form factor, KUMO compact routers are full broadcast specification products supporting SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G SDI. KUMO routers are re-clocking, non-blocking, and ready for any broadcast, production, or post production job. Running embedded Linux, KUMO routers support powerful HTTP and SNMP control and monitoring. KUMOâ€™s internal web server allows immediate configuration and operation via any standard web-browser on any OS, without any additional software to buy or install. Product Features: â€¢ SD, HD, 3G SDI inputs and outputs via BNC, SMPTE 259M/292M/424M â€¢ Automatic EQ and re-clocking â€¢ Supports all ancillary data, including embedded audio â€¢ Reference via BNC, passive loop, PAL/NTSC color black or HD tri-sync â€¢ 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN â€¢ Embedded Linux OS, internal web server â€¢ HTTP, SNMP, RS-422 Control â€¢ Redundant, isolated power inputs â€¢ AJA 5-year warranty AJAâ€™s KUMO Compact Routers are expected to ship this winter and will be available via AJAâ€™s network of worldwide resellers. KUMO 1604 will be available for an MSRP of US$1995 and KUMO 1616 will be available for an MSRP of US$2995. About AJA Video Systems, Inc. Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AJA Launches KUMO Compact SDI Routers at IBC 20092009-09-11 10:55:07
- Jiangsu TV’s 3D Documentary “The Grand Canal” Edited and Graded with DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Sound Devices, LLC Announces Comprehensive Firmware Update for its Full Line of Rack-Mount Recorders
- AMIA Honors AMPAS with Keystone Award
- Raiffeisen Bank Deploys Riedel Media Network and Communications Gear for Massive Corporate Event
- Ariana Grande Tour Sparkles with Clay Paky and grandMA2
- iPi Soft Motion Capture Software Helps Mobile Content Developer AWE Create Historic-Themed Virtual Reality Content For Toronto’s Fort York
- Vaddio’s Enterprise-Class USB PTZ Conferencing Camera – Now Shipping
- Middle Atlantic Awards Over 350 Certificates During First Annual AV Academy in Honor of AV Month
- GPL Technologies Demonstrates NVIDIA Virtualization and Visualization Technology at Autodesk University
- Record Number of Attendees Enjoys Rich Lineup of Speakers and Exhibitors at SMPTE(R) 2015 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition