New KUMO Line Delivers Cost-Effective LAN-Controllable 3G SDI Routers for Post, Broadcast and Mobile Production Environments AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, announced today the new KUMO line of compact SDI routers. AJAâ€™s KUMO 1604 and 1616 routers are small and cost-effective, while offering powerful features like SDI, HD-SDI and 3G SDI compatibility, as well as unique web-browser control over a LAN allowing easy integration into any post and production environment. KUMO routers will be available in two configurations: the KUMO 1604 supporting sixteen SDI inputs and four out, and the KUMO 1616 supporting 16 channels in and out. â€œAJA has historically built best-of-breed solutions that support the editing and conversion components of professional digital video workflows, as well as the acquisition phase with our new Ki Pro tapeless recorder. Today with the introduction of KUMO compact routers we are also venturing into signal routing to provide top quality, cost-effective solutions that address digital video pipelines from end-to-end,â€? said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. Despite their small 1RU form factor, KUMO compact routers are full broadcast specification products supporting SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G SDI. KUMO routers are re-clocking, non-blocking, and ready for any broadcast, production, or post production job. Running embedded Linux, KUMO routers support powerful HTTP and SNMP control and monitoring. KUMOâ€™s internal web server allows immediate configuration and operation via any standard web-browser on any OS, without any additional software to buy or install. Product Features: â€¢ SD, HD, 3G SDI inputs and outputs via BNC, SMPTE 259M/292M/424M â€¢ Automatic EQ and re-clocking â€¢ Supports all ancillary data, including embedded audio â€¢ Reference via BNC, passive loop, PAL/NTSC color black or HD tri-sync â€¢ 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN â€¢ Embedded Linux OS, internal web server â€¢ HTTP, SNMP, RS-422 Control â€¢ Redundant, isolated power inputs â€¢ AJA 5-year warranty AJAâ€™s KUMO Compact Routers are expected to ship this winter and will be available via AJAâ€™s network of worldwide resellers. KUMO 1604 will be available for an MSRP of US$1995 and KUMO 1616 will be available for an MSRP of US$2995. About AJA Video Systems, Inc. Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to email@example.com.
AJA Launches KUMO Compact SDI Routers at IBC 20092009-09-11 10:55:07
- Zylight Contest Encourages NAB 2015 Attendees to ‘Spread the Newz’ about New On-Camera Light
- MediaWen to Launch Cloud-Based Closed Captioning, Multilingual Subtitling and Automatic Dubbing Platform at NAB 2015
- Jampro Antennas' NAB 2015 Plans Target Broadcasters' Needs With Complete Line of Antenna Solutions and Custom Systems
- Shotoku Expands With New Corporate Headquarters
- DPA Microphones Spices it up for Grammy®-Nominated Brazilian Sound Engineer Gabriel Pinheiro
- Blackmagic Design Announces Teranex 3.2 Update
- Littlefox Communications Chooses Aframe Cloud Video Platform to Collaborate with Editors, Production Teams and Clients Around the World
- Adorama Showcases the Latest Broadcast and Video Equipment From Canon, Sony, Arri, Atomos, Litepanels and More at the 2015 NAB Show
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR EDITSHARE SHARED STORAGE NAB 2015 GREAT GIVEAWAY
- iZotope Announces RX Loudness Control: New Loudness Correction Plug-in for Post and Broadcast Professionals