Adelaide, South Australia—Rising Sun Pictures (RSP) and Flinders University today announce the completion of their inaugural ten-week training program in visual effects. Students from across Australia participated in the high-quality, work-integrated postgraduate program, enhancing their creative and practical skills in a professional production environment.Students spent time at the RSP Studio where supervisors guided them in developing skills in rotoscoping, camera tracking, match-moving and compositing whilst utilising high-quality training materials from a variety of feature films. The students undertook a live-action film shoot and used that material to develop work for their demo reels. Additionally, lectures and tutorials given by representatives from all RSP departments helped students understand the workings of the roles within a VFX company. The program provides students with a number of practical benefits, including: • increased employability • entry level skills in rotoscoping, plate preparation, camera tracking, match-moving and junior compositing • the experience of working on feature film-quality material with real-world tasks and problems • time management and troubleshooting skills while focusing on iterative deliveries • university qualifications - aligning with one of Australia's great universities • experience in working in a production environment - deadlines, teamwork, quality control, delivering to a client • demystify industry and roles - better understanding of career pathways and roles • the opportunity to interact with industry professionals and form links with the industry • improve portfolio and demo reels “We are pleased to have created this opportunity with Flinders to improve student career pathways and assist in training students in entry-level skills,” said RSP Managing Director Wayne Lewis. “We are providing students with the experience they need to work in a high-paced production environment.” “Flinders University has a long history of innovating in education,” added Course Coordinator Theodor Wyeld. “Our collaboration with Rising Sun Pictures is part of an ongoing program to improve the quality of education opportunities that the university provides students.” The second training round is now accepting applicants. Interested parties are invited to visit flinders.rsp.com.au to find out more information and submit an application. About Rising Sun Pictures: Rising Sun Pictures is a passionate team of artists, producers and technicians, known globally for providing complex feature film visual. RSP boasts a filmography of over 100 films, with such titles as Prometheus, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter series, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Gravity, The Great Gatsby, The Seventh Son and The Wolverine. http://www.rsp.com.au About Flinders University: Flinders University enjoys a well-justified reputation for its excellence in teaching and research. It has a long-standing commitment to enhancing educational opportunities for all and a proud record of community engagement. http://www.flinders.edu.au/
This section of Creative Planet Network, "The Wire", contains original press releases issued by various companies and industry organizations. The releases are not reviewed or edited by the editorial staff of Creative Planet Network News. For information and access, forward your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bringing the Voices of Middle Earth to Life with RX 4 Audio Repair
- Wayfarers Chapel Streams Wedding Ceremonies Live with Wirecast
- Peter Pan Live! Soars with DPA Microphones
- Sonnet's Fusion R400 RAID USB 3.0 Rackmount Storage System Offers Built-in RAID 5 Controller, USB 3.0 Interface
- Supervising Sound Editor Skip Lievsay to Receive MPSE Career Achievement Award
- ChyronHego Products at BVE 2015:
- Irish Indy Producer Screentime ShinAwiL Adds Forscene to Post-Production Workflow for 'The Voice of Ireland'
- Clay Paky Fixtures and grandMA2 Join The Eli Young Band for Concert Tour and House Party Shows
- University of Utah is Taking Care of Business with Matrox Monarch HD
- Canon EOS C500 4K Digital Cinema Camera, Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera, and Canon Lenses Capture Cinematic Images for Death Row Stories, a CNN Originals Television Documentary