Technical Animator Vancouver (local): Bron Studios http://www.bronstudios.com/
Bron Animation is seeking a Technical Animator to join our team. We are currently in pre-production on Mighty Mighty Monsters, two holiday animated CG shows revolving around a group of classic movie monster kids (Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman), sent to a human immersion at a normal “human” middle school where they come face-to-face with terrifying tween culture!
The Technical Animator will work on a performance capture (motion capture) 3D animated TV show to provide assistance with developing tools and processes for the animation department and integrating performance capture clips in to shots.
• Edit motion capture clips to integrate a performance in to a shot.
• Create scripts and tools to assist with the animation production.
• Create rigs for keyframe animators to use.
• Use deformers to fix issues such as crashing geometry.
• Create procedural or dynamic simulated animation performances.
• Assist with creating a library of performance/animation clips.
Candidates must have at least 2 years production experience working in TV, film or video games. Knowledge of Autodesk Maya and the python scripting language is essential.
The ideal candidate would have a good understanding and experience of both technical and creative disciplines.
A demo reel showing past technical animation work which includes a breakdown (written or video) of the technical steps of creating the results should be submitted along with a resume. To apply, please go to our website at http://www.bronstudios.com/section/jobs/.
We are only accepting applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with an open work permit (can work anywhere in Canada). TY