Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department. Encore provides post production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We currently have an opening for a freelance VFX Supervisor/Producer. This position can be based in any of one of the Encore locations, which are Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver.
The VFX Supervisor/Producer will oversee and manage the VFX workflow on assigned projects. This involves the management of schedules, budget, workflow, client relationships and internal personnel, while achieving the creative expectations of the client. They will also advise and oversee VFX on set and clearly communicate client’s vision to the VFX Team.
· Work closely with client to ensure their vision is met – on set and in VFX department.
· Work with Lead Compositor to bid out shots for Television work.
· Coordinate a team of artists working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Travel to Set on-location to advise Production and ensuring footage will be shot properly for VFX Team.
· Act as Project Manager to ensure timelines are followed and deadlines are met.
· Interface with client to ensure that expectations and budgets are managed.
· Work with VFX Coordinator to ensure work is pushed through the department efficiently and prioritized properly.
· Use personal industry contacts and knowledge of the market to better develop and utilize client opportunities.
· Oversee accuracy of billing.
· Ability to maintain a strong presence and show leadership on set with clients as a representative of Encore.
· BA/BS required.
· Minimum 5 years within the TV industry with Visual Effects on-location supervisory experience.
· Demonstrated strong leadership, communication (both verbal and written) with the ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
· Familiarity with 2D and 3D pipelines involving Smoke, 3D Max/Maya, and Nuke.
· Understanding of color theory and digital camera capabilities for live-action TV, including Alexa formats (ProRes/Arri-Raw/DPX), Colorspace and Lookup tables, and Dailies and Conform processes.
· Highly motivated and works well collaborating with a team artists and clients.
· Strong verbal, listening, writing and presentation skills.· Ability to multi-task.
· Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.