Digital Domain Vancouve is Currely Seeking FX Artists!
About Digital Domain:
Founded in 1993 by film industry icon James Cameron and two business partners, digital production company Digital Domain has delivered innovative visuals for more than 80 movies — some of the most successful entertainment properties, including Titanic, Apollo 13, the Transformers trilogy and TRON: Legacy. Its artists have earned multiple Academy Awards®. A creative force in advertising, Digital Domain has created imagery for what we believe are some of the world’s most visually arresting commercials. The company has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly two decades and is expanding its role into the co-production of feature films and the creative development of advertising. From its facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, San Francisco, Florida, Mumbai and London, Digital Domain continues its innovative work in visual entertainment and advertising.
Digital Domain Vancouver is Currently Seeking FX Artists!
FX Artist Job Description
Location: Vancouver, BC
The FX Artist works closely with the FX lead and FX TDs to create high quality effects including rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and animate high quality, photo-real effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
- Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks.
- Work closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline.
- Produce look tests based on provided reference materials.
- Take direction from FX Leads and FX TDs as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other FX Artists.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 3+ years experience as an FX Artist creating photo-real effects elements for feature films.
- Degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent production experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics a plus.
- Expert knowledge of any/all of the following; rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation and fluid dynamics.
- Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
- Production experience working in Houdini and/or Naiad is required.
- Working experience with one or more other professional software packages such as Maya, 3D Studio Max or Real Flow is a plus.
- Requires strong technical and communication skills within a show structure.
- Firm understanding of effects production pipelines.
- Python scripting is a plus
To apply for the FX Artist position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/ under “Select a studio location” select "VANCOUVER" as your studio of choice.