Senior Compositor - GENER8 - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Who is Gener8?
Gener8 is revolutionizing the exploding market for 3D feature film production. Our partners and customers are the world's major motion-picture studios. We work with industry leaders such as Sony Pictures, Warner Entertainment and Columbia Pictures with the primary objective of helping to produce the highest-quality, top-grossing stereoscopic 3D releases.
"Gener8 is setting the standard for 3D post translation. Their stereo process starts with principal photography and leads into post migrating with VFX giving me the flexibility to design the stereo in a facility atmosphere without the pressures of on-set production. This unique approach has changed the way I think of post 3D its a game changer!"
Craig Mumma, Stereographer, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Why does this particular role rock?
Each role here has its own super special advantages here at Gener8. This is why you want this one:
- Help shape Gener8's culture
- You will be a leader here. You can directly change and help develop who we are
- You have the power to design, alter, and improve pipelines and processes
- Consider yourself the Mr. or Mrs. Fix It
- A great way to either gain experience or enhance your skill set in Stereo Conversion
- This is an emerging technology and is in high demand
What you will do?
Compositors at Gener8 serve as vital players in establishing new and emerging technology in the world of stereo film. They are the last set of eyes on a shot and the final hands on the assembly line. The fine details that make shots look great are accomplished by careful manipulation and the hard work of the talented perfectionists of our compositing team. They use a mix of traditional compositing techniques blended with a unique stereo pipeline in setting a new standard in the world of conversion.
Compositors at Gener8 are specialists at solving technical problems with creative solutions.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all A Subs to established quality standards
- Working closely with Compositing Supervisor and/or Lead Compositor to determine best approach to complete shots to project standard
- Learn stereo production methodologies and develop creative approaches and problem-solving
- Producing a final overall look that meets client expectations
- Ability to take on low to mid complexity shots
- Compositing in Nuke
- Complete compositing and stereo painting as required
- Performing tasks such as tracking, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, rotoscope and assembly of live action and 3D assets
- Complete work within the schedule while maintaining constant communication with production team and Leads
- Reports to Compositing Supervisor
- Minimum 4 years experience compositing in VFX or educational institution
- Must have thorough knowledge and ability to use the tools that produce digital composites in Nuke
- Must present a show reel highlighting candidate's eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition
- 3D experience is desirable
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Our fantastic recruitment and HR team will be ready and waiting to make the entire process a whole lot of fun.