We are looking for an experienced Matte Painter to work in our commercials department. This job would start April 16th and run 3 weeks until May 4th.
- Create photorealistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of project
- Work with live action footage, digital photography, cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that are to be seamlessly integrated into live action shots for project.
- Strong ability in painting photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, skies, elements, and environments.
- Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition.
- Advanced knowledge of matte painting techniques, including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management
- Knowledge with 3D programs (Maya, etc.) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and closely with a team.
- Demonstrable skills in Concept design desired.
- 5+ industry experience as a Photo-real Digital Matte Painter
The successful applicant will be adaptable and thrive in a team atmosphere. A degree in Computer Science or similar is highly desirable.
Please send resume, reel and cover letter to: email@example.com