Thread: Strange Final Cut Pro 7 Problem/Concerning Offline Media

Default Strange Final Cut Pro 7 Problem/Concerning Offline Media

Okay, so this is driving me nuts.

I was working on a project in Final Cut Pro 7 using my Seagate 1TB external hard drive with the project and the video files on them. I stopped to move my computer (Laptop Mac Book pro) and the cable comes out of the USB port ever so slightly.

After I plug it back in, I go to my project and try to reconnect my media because the project says that the files are offline. So I go about this process as usual. Some of them reconnect fine, but something went wrong with other clips and it seems as though some of the files replaced the others in the timeline as well as the actual .mov files on the external drive. I am so unsure about what happened and I don't know how to fix my problem to get my project back the way it was. I apologize if I did not explain this correctly because I am so baffled.

I was wondering if there was anything you guys know about this and how to fix the problem.

Thanks.

The first step is to check out the disk drive. Open the Disk Utility app: Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. Or command-shift-U from the finder. Open the disk utility. Select the drive in question then follow the directions about repairing the disk. When it's finished, restart your computer and open FCP. If this doesn't work, the problem may be with Final Cut. Navigate to your AutoSave Vault. Starting with the most current save, double-click it. Keep going backward in time until you come to a version where your media connections are restored.

Good luck