Thread: How do I change duration of multiple images or clips in FPS all at once..??

New User

Default How do I change duration of multiple images or clips in FPS all at once..??

I want to create a rapid fire montage comprising of 24 frames which will be flashed through over the course of 1 second, in a 24fps project.
    I have prepped my 24 images but can't work out how to change the duration of all 24 images to 1 frame each. I've tried all the obvious things:

selecting all, selecting "change duration" - there is no FPS field, only seconds - I want to select 1 frame not a fraction of a second - and in any case, this field in the inspector doesn't let you make changes.

i've tried selecting all in the clip / event window and you can't seem to do it there either.

help...?

One way... number the images sequentially and using QT Pro > File > Open Image Sequence. Export via ProRes.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Zwick View Post
    One way... number the images sequentially and using QT Pro > File > Open Image Sequence. Export via ProRes.
    Thanks. I wonder why you can easily alter multiple durations at FPS in FCP 7 but not in X... that represents a decrease in functionality.

Anyway, it worked, but still annoying that FCP X doesn't let you do it all "in house".

Select the clips, press Control-D, enter the time you want in seconds or frames and press Enter.
    All the best,

Tom

http://www.fcpxbook.com