Thread: AE export

Default AE export

I knocked out a green screen in AE and am now looking to export. When I choose ProRes options I can't pick RGB + Alpha as suggested a while ago for exports. I can choose animation but if I'm wanting to re-import into FCP for editing on a timeline maybe I should choose None in the codec dept. What say you?

Is there a DVCPRO-HD option? Animation codec may be your only option. What version of FCP?
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Hi Ben--Yes, there is, but I can't get RGB+Apha that way. Sorry, I'm using FCP 7, this is HDV footage brought into AE. If I'm wanting to bring back into FCP to edit at highest quality would None option be better than Animation?

Wow, frustrating. Been a while since I worked with AE and then only a little bit. In the composition window I unchecked the lock to 4:3 ratio but when I add a clip to the composition the video is still boxed 4:3. How do I get it to appear as 16:9?
    Thanks.

I use Motion, no clue how AE does it.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

Oops, sorry, it was just a toggle thing.

Animation codec is lossless compressor so your clip quality will be this same as with none. But compression level will be low. When I work with alpha channel I usually use TIFF sequences with compression.
    Last edited by trzmielak; 02-08-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Default RE: AE Export

Elmerlang,
    The Pro Res 4444 does support an Alpha channel as does the Animation codec and TIFF Sequence. Be sure to select RGB + Alpha in the Video Output Channels dialog box also when exporting. Animation codec is lossless and will result in much bigger file sizes. Hope that helps.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the help!!