Thread: Having trouble opening up project on DVD-R

Default Having trouble opening up project on DVD-R

Hi,

I am having trouble opening my project on a DVD-R. Whenever I burn the project file (along with sound files used for editing) on a DVD-R and open it up on another mac computer, a box shows up saying that it can not find the sound files and asks me to locate them in order to be able to resume editing on soundtrack pro.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to solve this problem in order to be able to open up the project file on another computer without having to locate every single sound file?

I will also have to submit this as my coursework and don't want to teacher to be annoyed locating each file.

Comments will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by HeyAndy; 01-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Problem is that when you save the project on your hard drive, it remembers the path to the sound files on the had drive.

When you burn them to a DVD-R, you're just making a copy of the project, which then is still going to look for your files in their original location.

Also, a DVD-R isn't the best performance for playback with an audio or video project. DVD's are the slowest device on your computer. You'd be better off using an USB thumb drive.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College