Thread: Original Motion 4 Master Templates

Default Original Motion 4 Master Templates

Does anyone know how to get the original Motion 4 Master Templates. I have lost my install disk and when I migrated to my new computer I don't have them anymore. I have the license but I can't get a reps once from apple abut where I could download them.

Anyone have any advise?

You need the install disks, sorry. Not quite sure how you installed Motion without installing the templates though. An alternative would be to buy Motion 5 and forget about round tripping to FCP 7 and instead export out a QT from 5 to link to 7.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

I had them installed they just did not copy over to the new machine. I would have bought the new version but I thought that Motion 5 would not work with Final Cut 7. Does it work with Final Cut 7.

Motion 5 won't round trip but you can use it as a standalone application save out QT ProRes (or whatever) and import those into an FCP 7 project. I would probably go back to the old machine and use CC Cloner and copy, /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Templates/... but if you tried to use Migration Assistant to move applications from one machine to another I would suspect you have more content than Motion templates missing from your new machine. Motion 5 has more content than Motion 4 by the way and Motion 4 projects open in 5, in fact I'm working on one from Motion 3 right now which opened in 5 flawlessly.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net