Thread: Reduction of distortion in timelapse

Default Reduction of distortion in timelapse

Hi,
    I am doing timelapse sequence showing building of house. I have hundreds of photos I took every day at construction yard. I did all photos from this same place but as you can expect every photo has small different distortion - different angle, liitle different zoom. But the main object (house) is always in center. There are also several static points which was unchanged during the whole process (background buildings, forground street etc). Is there any tool which is able to reduce the distortions? I would like to have my house from each photos at this same position at screen?

This is probably a task that is better suited to the Photomerge Action in Photoshop.

I'm not a power Photoshop user. So I'm probably not the best one here to help out with details.

Anyone else?

debe

Thanks!
    I did fast test with Photomerge Action and result looks promising! I have never used this tool. Thanks again!

Glad it's looking like the tool for you!

That's what we're here for!

debe

There is also one more interesting tool in Photoshop: Scripts/Load files into Stack and option: Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images. It seems to be faster then Photomerge but results looks intersting.