Thread: The new compressor

New User

Default The new compressor

Hi guys.

Im currently using final cut 7 and the other studio programs. Ive decided not to upgrade to final cut x as ive got the view that its lacking in the proffesionalism that final cut 7 provides. However i was just wondering is it worth getting the new motion and compressor?

Thanks guys

I've written elsewhere here that bang for buck-style Motion 5 is the best bargain out there for motion graphics. However, you already have Motion 4 so the question really becomes, are you using it? I skipped Motion 4 and off the top of my head (just getting up in the AM too) I'd say you are not getting a lot by moving from 4 to 5 except some additional content and 64-bit. Now, with all my praises for Motion 5, I still think the downside is... it's slow.

If Compressor 3.5 is working for you I don't see any real reason to go to 4.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

With the 10.0.1 update Motion 5 is now pretty fast, and I find much better performance than 4. The interface isn't drastically changed, but enough to make working with it easier and faster.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

On a performance level there is no improvement in Motion 5 over Motion 4, in fact most hardcore Motion users will tell you the performance is worse in 5. The improvement is in the quality of color management and the overall quality of renders but not in performance.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net