Thread: No audio when sending from FCP to STP

Default No audio when sending from FCP to STP

Hi all,

I am having a problem where if I select all clips in a FCP sequence and use SEND TO to send them to a multi-track project in Soundtrack Pro, some of the clips have no audio. It is only a couple of them, and I do not see anything different about them versus clips that come in just fine.

Barring a solution to this, is there a way to insert the clips into the Soundtrack Pro project so I don't have to keep re-exporting the entire sequence??

Thanks!

Chris

I would check for a mis-match of clips, some perhaps being AIFF, some MP3 (a real no-no), WAV (shouldn't matter but might), sample rates match, file corruption? Pretty hard to say exactly, you're not giving us much to go on here. That said, the "round trip" feature has been known to be less than reliable so consider exporting clips out of STP and relinking in FCP.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

The clips are coming from the same source as everything else in the sequence, all shot on the same camera. It is just that a handful of clips refuse to come over, whether I render things on the way out or not.

I end up having to export just the audio for the clip from FCP, then dropping it to the STP track by hand.

Can't be a mismatch in type, because it is all AIFF, coming off of the original source footage.

I tried trashing the STP prefs, but no help.

I can't think of anything else relevant. If it is not something obvious, I can keep working with the same process. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something that was obvious.

Cheers,

Chris

The way you're handling it is the way I'd do it. Really, there is no good reason to fight the round trip issues in FCS.

Eric Peterson (AKA, "Zwick")
    Person in charge
    Content creation/Education
    http://www.ericnp.net

Cheers, Zwick. I appreciate it.