Thread: Logic or STPro for video production music scoring

Default Logic or STPro for video production music scoring

Can anyone tell me which is better to use for adding music to a finished video edit. I like the ability in GarageBand to plug in my keyboard or guitar and record music. Usually after adding loops and such I like to add a little of my own just to fill out the simple loops music score. Unfortunately Soundtrack does not record instruments like GarageBand does, but GarageBand doesn't have the mixer/audio editing options for adding filters, removing noise etc. to tracks like Soundtrack does. Is Logic able to do these things in one app?
    For instance:
    1. Can Logic bring in my edited video to score while watching it?
    2. Can Logic utilize all the GarageBand Jam Packs I've purchased?
    3. Does Logic have loops to add to tracks like STP and GarageBand?
    Also...
    4. I've recently purchased the Adobe Production Suite and was wondering if Adobe Audition does any of these things?

Default Got my answers

I got my answers from Google searches. If anyone else wants these answers, here they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcM View Post
    Can anyone tell me which is better to use for adding music to a finished video edit. I like the ability in GarageBand to plug in my keyboard or guitar and record music. Usually after adding loops and such I like to add a little of my own just to fill out the simple loops music score. Unfortunately Soundtrack does not record instruments like GarageBand does, but GarageBand doesn't have the mixer/audio editing options for adding filters, removing noise etc. to tracks like Soundtrack does. Is Logic able to do these things in one app?
    For instance:
    1. Can Logic bring in my edited video to score while watching it?
    Yes, choose Options>Movie>Open Movie (Logic 8).

2. Can Logic utilize all the GarageBand Jam Packs I've purchased?
    Yes, Seems all the Jampacks I bought years ago are included with Logic. Just drag the folder with loops into the "Loops" window in Logic.

3. Does Logic have loops to add to tracks like STP and GarageBand?
    Yes, I believe they are the same ones used in Soundtrack Pro and GarageBand plus all the Jampacks.
    Also...
    4. I've recently purchased the Adobe Production Suite and was wondering if Adobe Audition does any of these things?
    Yes, does most of the stuff Soundtrack does minus a few things. Bet it's stable though.

Logic Pro, SoundTrack Pro, GarageBand, FCP X, iLife all access the same libraries. Anything you install (loops, plugins) for one, shows up for them all, no need to do anything.

No, you do NOT have to drag anything into a Logic window, in reference to question 2. That is totally not nessisary. They will all simply be in the library, period.
    Last edited by BenB; 12-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College