Thread: No "DV Audio" on Mac w/ DVX100

Default No "DV Audio" on Mac w/ DVX100

Hello,

What we'd like to do: use our two week old MacBook Pro 13" with a DVX100 via firewire to do live streaming.

Everything worked great out of the box with a certain video streaming website. I will obfuscate it, in case it is not kosher to post about other web sites in this forum. The service/site is Ewe-Stream, phonetically.

A few days ago, Safari experienced some type of javascript run time error while doing a test broadcast. The audio input option of "DV Audio" (in Adobe Flash Player Setup/Config) was missing after they reconnected to the website to try again.

The user has since upgraded all software to the latest versions on the laptop, including the Adobe Flash Player. The "DV Audio" still does not show up as an audio source in the drop down list. But, the only audio device in the Adobe Flash config is "Internal Microphone".

I had them check on the Mac's System Preferences / Audio page and there is not a "DV Audio" showing up there either, but I believe the newer Macs do not show this anyway?

Has anyone else run into this? If so, how were you able to restore access to the "DV Audio" under the Adobe Flash Config and/or the "Ewe-Stream" web site broadcasting service?

Thank you

Administrator

Not likely to work well over Firewire- asking too much of the laptop. Look into a specialized box that is meant for streaming. Google....

Noah
    GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

We've tried to work with U-Stream using an HPX-170 via FW to a MacBook Pro. Works fine for use, but... set up is finicky, live streaming performance is very unstable, and we've simply written U-Stream off as a hobbiest toy. It's not a serious commercial streaming option. We've settled on Adobe Connect, as long as you're not going over Wi-Fi. In our testing, FW streaming to a laptop isn't the issue (as you're not "recording" anything, just passing a stream through), it's the robustness of the client side software, and the broadcast servers you're connecting too (as well as the quality of your Internet connection).

But, all that said, U-Stream works very well off of my iPhone 4 and iPhone 3Gs. Not that I have much use for live streaming video that way.
    Last edited by BenB; 09-17-2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College