Thread: want to use HVX200 to broadcast to web

Default want to use HVX200 to broadcast to web

hello- i have a project coming up and i will need to broadcast live to the web in as high a quality as possible. the camera i have available is an HVX200. After doing a bit of research i have not come up with any software offering better than consumer level quality. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

You'll need to pay for a service, a company set up to do this, and they'll walk you through it. There's nothing "high quality" that you can run from your computer by yourself. "High Quality" means you need streaming servers, proprietary software, etc. There are many companies that do this.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

thanks ben. your advice set me in the right direction. appreciate it.

Administrator

I wouldn't say it's impossible to do your own live video web cast. Especially in light of 'high quality' being entirely subjective. It ain't rocket science... Also are we talking Mac or PC?

Noah
    Last edited by NoahKadner; 07-19-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

It depends where you want to go with it.

Are you streaming to uStream or Stickam or are you trying to go out to your own service in HD?

If you are just going to uStream with 1 camera, you can plug it in via firewire and uStream will pick it up like a webcam. It may auto convert it to SD though.

"...in as high a quality as possible.". That a not gong to happen with UStream or most other free services.
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College

New User

Default Try it

A Ustream account is free. Download their Producer software - or buy Pro for $99 for better quality. It adjusts quality based on internet connection. You'll need broadband; preferably wired. I'm not sure if the Firewire connection will work. Let us know if you try. I've used a converter from composite to usb and plugged into labtop. The real question is whether quality works for your needs.

This Sunday, Oct 31st, I'm doing a live Ustream feed from underwater.

Here in Washington State:
    This Sunday, Oct 31st, I'll be diving with a video camera. A cable to my rig will send signal topside to a buoy with a radio transmitter. The video signal will be sent to shore where it will be plugged into a laptop to send a live feed to the internet. Tune in Sunday, Oct 31, from 10 am to noon, Pacific Time.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/underw...e-marker-buoys
    Send this to your friends around the world. Let's see how many will watch!!
    Jim McGauhey