Thread: Send to: another FCP workstation

Enthusiast

Default Send to: another FCP workstation

It would be great to be able to send a sequence to a different FCP unit for rendering. Then I could continue working on different sequences while another workstation handled the effects on the first sequence.

-anders
    I can only see a short distance ahead, but it's plenty there that needs to be done. -A. Turing

Administrator

It would work if both systems used a NAS to share media. Otherwise the time it would take to send the project plus all the media over the net to the other machine would offset the render savings time...

Noah
    GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

Enthusiast

Aknowledeged. But it needn't be huge and expensive. I often connect my laptop with gigabit ethernet for multitasking anyway.
    I can only see a short distance ahead, but it's plenty there that needs to be done. -A. Turing

Administrator

No it needn't be huge and expensive but without a centralized storage as I said there'd be little gained by sending a project to another machine. To be honest if it's with a single operator the best upgrade is simply a new Mac Pro which would give you the best price/speed performance for rendering of single projects.

Noah
    GH2, GoPro HD, AC160, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D training at www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount for 2-poppers! Use code 2pop2012 on these titles.

That's what Final Cut Server is for...
    Digital Media Instructor for
    Louisiana State University & Delgado College