Thread: export avid project to external HD

New User

Default export avid project to external HD

I have such as 400GB of a documentary in a XPress Pro and I need to export the project and all audio and video files to an external hd to edit in a Media Composer. Should I use export or consolidate comand? How it works?

Use Consolidate. Don't delete original media, don't convert media. Just use the Consolidate feature to copy all the new footage to the external hard drive.

I'm not in front of an Avid currently, so I can't walk you through the steps. Check out the manual, it should give you a pretty good explanation.

debe

New User

great debe,
    consider tha I need to delete everything from the desktop and future editions for this project will be directly from external hard disk. Is this going to work? Should I keep with the Consolidate option?
    thanks for your help
    Andre

After you've checked that all the files made it to the external drive, then it's fine to delete the media after using the Media Tool.

Just don't use the "Delete Existing Media" feature in the Consolidate window. If you let the Consolidate feature delete your media before you check the external disk, then you have nothing to fall back on. Delete the original media with the Media Tool only after you are certain that the Consolidate worked effectively and everything you need is living on the external disk.

debe