Thread: Problem generating Cut List

Default Problem generating Cut List

Ok, so I'm having a new problem. This time, I don't seem able to generate a proper cut list.

Here's what happens.

I export the cut list, but when I look at it, it's missing most of my cuts. For some reason I can't figure out FCP doesn't seem to recognize most of the edits, lumping them together as one continuous clip with no key code references.

I've noticed that about half way through the reel it does start listing the cuts correctly, so something is working there. However, it's not doing this across the whole sequence.

Could there be something wrong with the clips that is making FCP think they are all one big clip? Has anyone had this problem before? How do I make FCP realize there are lots of cuts there?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have to turn the Cut List in to the negative cutter on Monday.

Thanks.

Been a while since I've done this, so this may be way off base, but just to check, you did enter all your keycode numbers in when you first started creating your CT database, correct? And there were no breaks in the keycode that you may have missed in your clips (i.e. using a short end to cover a pick up shot at the end of a scene, and forgetting to enter the new keycode in for the "new" short end roll when you put it in the CT database)?

Best,
    -Tim
    http://viewfromhere.org
    a progressive photo blog

Default Problem Solved

Turns out there was a weird resizing issue in the clips. Most of the clips were slightly smaller than they should be, and subsequently CT didn't recognize them at all, simply skipping past them until it found a clip at the correct size.

I suspect this was caused by incorrectly setting up the project in the first place and then failing to correct for it later.

The solution was simply to replace all the cuts in the film. It was just a question of match framing each shot and hitting Replace.

Glad you found the solution. It really is critical the way you initially set up the Cinema Tools database, makes everything that happens from that point on run alot smoother.

Best,
    -Tim
    http://viewfromhere.org
    a progressive photo blog

Actually, it wasn't CT's fault. The CT database was working perfectly. Purely an FCP thing.

Thanks for the help.

CT treated your resized clips as opticals, I suppose.